Welcome! Auburn is a remarkable community with a high quality of life, an exceptional educational system, and a strong economy! We’ve enjoyed much growth in recent years but still enjoy that Southern small town feel, where the people are warm and friendly. As the home of Auburn University, 2011 BCS National Champions and 2013 SEC champs, you won’t find a more exciting place to be on Saturdays in the fall! Year-round, Auburn and the surrounding communities have something for everyone.
Discover Auburn! Our active, thriving community offers:
- excellent, award-winning public schools
- award-winning recreational programs for children and adults
- progressive university culture
- life-long learning opportunists through Auburn University for community residents
- historical & cultural local attractions
- ample shopping, dining, and night life
- #1 public golf course in the United States (Grand National)
- short distance to Atlanta, Columbus, Montgomery and Birmingham
Auburn has so much to offer. It is a great place to live and we think you’ll love it here!
To help you learn more about this area, some resources to get you started are listed below:
- Welcome to Auburn! brochure. 2014-2015 Guide for New Auburn Area Residents. (Note: loads slowly, large document) http://s3.amazonaws.com/AUBURNCHAMBERCOM/db/Publications/21/Documents/14welcomewithcovers.pdf
- 2014 Citizen Survey. “96% rated Auburn as a good or excellent place to live and to raise children.” http://www.auburnalabama.org/ocmdir/2014%20Citizen%20Survey%20Final%20Report.pdf
- Auburn Community Profile 2014. http://www.auburnalabama.org/ed/PDF/CommunityProfile.pdf
- Auburn Chamber of Commerce.
- City of Auburn.
- Auburn City Schools. Auburn City Schools is recognized among the nation’s top public schools systems each year.
- Auburn University.
- Auburn Parks & Recreation.
- Coldwell Banker Auburn.
- Auburn Opelika Tourism Bureau.
- Opelika’s Relocation Magazine.
- Opelika Chamber of Commerce.
- City of Opelika.
- Opelika City Schools.
- Opelika Parks & Rec.
Where to Retire magazine, the only magazine in America geared to helping people with retirement relocation decisions, selected Auburn to profile as a top retirement town in the May/June 2009 issue.
In addition to the resources listed above, you might also find these helpful:
- Alabama’s Retirement Safe Haven. Overview of Alabama’s tax system – and why it’s favorable to retirees.
- East Alabama Medical Center Senior Services
- OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute)
We think Auburn-Opelika is a great community!
And we aren’t the only ones who think so….
Page 1 of 3 | Next page